Tonkin Motocorsa is seeking a qualified and experienced Motorcycle Tech, preferably with strong Italian and German motorcycle repair experience (Ducati and BMW primarily).
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/He will also oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to her/him.
1. Receives repair orders from service manager and takes to individual work area.
2. Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
3. Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
4. Communicates with Service Advisor / Parts to Service liaison to obtain needed parts.
5. Saves and tags parts if the job is under warranty or if requested to be kept by the customer.
6. Examines the motorcycle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
7. Advises Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
8. Documents work performed.
9. Road-tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician, keeping in mind customers' vehicles should not be used for personal errands.
10. Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
11. Attends factory-sponsored training classes.
12. Keeps abreast of factory technical bulletins.
13. Keeps shop area neat and clean and is able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
14. Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
15. Participates in various store events when required by management
15. Performs other duties as needed.
Minimum 2 years of experience repairing motorcycles in a dealership environment. Motorcycle endorsement a MUST.
2170 NW Wilson St, Portland, OR
Lucrative Flat Rate pay plan with monthly salary guarantee. Full benefits including Medical and Dental for just $25/month, 401K with company match, Life/Disability, two weeks off in the first year of employment, discounts on motorcycles/vehicles/parts/service at all Tonkin locations and MORE!
How To Apply
Apply online, email a resume, or apply in person at the dealership